FUSE is a new-ish Ethereum layer 2 blockchain. Boasting some decent speeds and a mobile-ready tech stack. Let’s break it down, so you’re in the know.
FUSE is the native token of the Fuse blockchain. It’s a GAS token that can be staked. Let’s discuss where you can get it.
Where can I buy FUSE
For the DEXs on Fuse, you’ll need to connect to the Fuse network.
How do I connect to Fuse
You’ll need Metamask and a FUSE custom RPC. The easiest way to do this is:
- Download Metamask
- Create a wallet, if you don’t already have one
- Goto RPC.info and add the FUSE RPC to your metamask.
Now that you can connect, let’s get into the pros.
What’s special about FUSE?
- Low gas prices; the minimum gas price is 1 gwei.
- Fairly fast; 5 second block speed; slower than Fantom, Avalanche, Solana; faster than Ethereum, Bitcoin, Matic.
- Proof of stake; either run a validator or delegate your FUSE to a validator to earn more FUSE.
How much does a FUSE validator cost?
You’ll need 100K FUSE to run a validator. Or, have at least 100K FUSE delegated to you.
Be quick if you want to grab a validator at a good price. The prices are going through the roof as we speak.
How do I bridge to and from FUSE
As always, my favourite bridge is Elk Finance. Not only do they support FUSE bridging, but they support over 14 different chains. (And growing.)
Is FUSE EVM compatible?
Yes, completely. It runs smart contracts, supports bridging, and more.